To open Snipping Tool: (Microsofts built-in app) Edit
Win 8 Users:
- Go to "Start" menu and just start typing "Snipping Tool" and it will show up in the list to the right. Click to open.
Win 7 Users:
- Click on the "start" button and type "Snipping Tool" into the search bar at the bottom. (See pic)
The Snipping Tool should show in the list - click to open.
Using Snipping Tool:
- Now that you've opened Snipping Tool, click on the Arrow next to "New" until you see the drop down menu. Choose "Rectangular Snip"
- Select the area of the screen you want to capture, click somewhere on the picture, and while holding the left mouse button, drag a rectangular box around the area you want to create a snapshot of.
- Once the selection is made, release the left mouse button and the rectangular region will now be shown in a small window where you can save it as an image.
- Save the new image to desktop or somewhere you can easily find it to upload onto facebook.
- Upload onto Facebook by clicking the "camera" button and choosing the new screenshot.
Using Lightshot: (For Win and Mac) Edit
Download Lightshot: http://app.prntscr.com/en/
NON FULL SCREEN Edit
- Click on the purple feather - Your screen will darken a bit
- Take your mouse and click the screen to draw a box around what you want captured.
Then just save it in a file.
- Go to the wall and you can either post it as a NEW comment or post it to an existing comment
FULL SCREEN Edit
- Enter into full screen and hit on YOUR keyboard the PRT SCR button
This way if you are in the game and want a larger shot of your city you can get one!
- NOW if you hit the feather or prt scr and want to cancel it, just right click your mouse on the screen and click cancel!
Mac Users: Edit
I don't have a Mac so if these instructions do not work, please let me know and I will do more research!